Regulations for Assessment Levels
Foundation Level - Foundation Tracking Dog
1. Length; Continuous single laid track of 150 – 200m.
2. Age; 10 minutes minimum, 30 minutes maximum.
3. Terrain; Grassland or crop. Should not have been used for tracking / walked on in the previous 24 hours.
4. Number of Articles; 1. The article should large enough for the dog to play with or the dogs favourite toy can be used. The article to be placed at the end of the track. The dog must indicate the presence of the article.
5. Turns / Corners; Can turn right and/or left. Each turn should be 90°.
6. Number of legs; 3-4.
7. Pole; One to indicate the start of the track. Another pole (or other type of marker) may be used to indicate the direction that the track-layer walked in towards the start pole.
8. Time; No time limit. This will be left to the discretion of the Assessor.
To qualify, the article must be located by the dog and each leg of the track must be accurately negotiated without undue interference / guidance by the handler.